Moore Middle School participates in the DPS Prep League, and we also have a full range of clubs. Go Eagles!
Moore fields teams for:
- Cross Country (early fall)
- Flag Football (late fall)
- Boys Basketball (early winter)
- Girls Basketball (early winter)
- Avalanche Floor Hockey (late winter)
Policies and Forms
Teams are dependent on securing coaching and enough student participation each season to field a team.
Sports that have a try-out process will require student-athletes to commit to 4 of 5 days of practice per week. Sports that do not require tryouts will expect regular attendance and communication with the coaching staff about absences.
All DPS sponsored sports require a tryout with the exception of Cross Country.
In order to participate in athletics and activities at Dora Moore, students must:
- Be academically eligible
- Pay the appropriate fee
- Complete athletics physical, emergency card and parent permission must be on file in the school office before student athlete is allowed to participate (see forms below)
- Students that leave early for school-sponsored athletics and activities will have an excused absence.
- Students will need to make arrangements with the teacher to get any make-up work and notes that they missed and will have one extra day to complete the missed work from an early release athletic event and return it to the teacher.